Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Take Away #13

Fear Factor Day #2

This time around, after some time to contemplate last classes fear presentation, I think there is a pattern emerging. Seems like a large number of fear stems from either a fear of the future, or a fear of failure. It seemed that there were some that were so bummed thinking about it, decided to "opt out" of discussing their fear, and to pry open that box of uncomfortableness. Truthfully, I can't really blame those individuals for just doing something they found constructive, rather than dwelling on their perspective fears. I almost considered it (opting out) myself, but couldn't help digging once I started seeing all the correlating lines connecting my various fears/anxieties/worries/phobias. I think that now they have had to consider these things, most of them will think more about them when doing projects and work, and know that it is a real thing that hinders them. And in this knowing, maybe they can overcome the very things that thwart all of their creative endeavors. As the old PSA used to say:

Knowing is half the battle

No comments:

Post a Comment