Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Take Away #9

The movie, Off the Map, was an interesting one. I liked some of the story, and the characters were engaging, but the part that spoke to me the most, was the man who was the IRS agent, but became an artist. I can relate to this character, seeing as I really didn't discover that I was an artist until a couple of years ago. Watching him discover himself as an artist really spoke to me. I can remember how I started to look at things differently, and to look at everything the spoke to me. The scene where he just stands there looking at the horizon, was something I think every artist has done at one time or another. It may not be as long as it was depicted in the movie, but definitely for a long span of time. It also reminded me of why I chose art. It reminded me that it isn't just about the "assignments", but rather expressing what speaks to you. No fear, no self-judgement, just creating. It was a good reminder for me, that as long as I am creating, I'm doing stuff right.

No comments:

Post a Comment